Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Feline - Biscuit



My pick for Feline Friday is a gorgeous 10 month old female cat named Biscuit. She's coming along nicely  and becoming friendlier and less scared as she learns humans can be quite nice toys. Read her auto-biography below and view her video too. She's a sweet and loving girl. ?Watch her video here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYuhDMyr7o8&feature=player_embedded#!
She's available for adoption at Wayside Waifs in Kansas City Mo.


As a stray kitten last October, I was lucky enough to be helped out by the person who found me struggling to survive outside all alone.  After a time, she made sure that I got to Wayside so that the people here could help me find a family who will take me home to love forever.



After coming here, I had some trouble not bothering the stitches on my tummy after being spayed, and until the incision healed up I was not able to get out to the adoption floor.  I had to wear a band around my tummy and one of the humiliating head cones.  Being a somewhat shy girl to start with, that did not help my self-confidence with people.  I know it was necessary for my healing, but kept me wondering "What next?" when humans were approaching me.


Though I am starting to be trustful and to want human friendship, I am going to need a lot of support from the family that adopts me.  They will need to be patient and gentle and kind as they help me to learn all about my new home.  That will help me understand that they want me to succeed in being their kitty.  With bashful girls like us, changes can take some time to adjust to ... and it may be a while before I start reaching out to give and receive affection like I want to do.  Can you handle still loving me without a lot of touching right away?


With all the people there are in the world, I believe that there is a special place for me to call home, with human hearts full of compassion to help me overcome my shyness.  The people here at Wayside are already working with me on it and say they see progress.  But what I really need now is a family of my own.  Are you the one(s) that need me too?


Hope to meet you really soon,  Biscuit

No comments:

Post a Comment